After all the planning and test shoots I dedicated one day to the editorial images and the promo video. In my last development post everything more or less went a planned. The looks my stylist brought were unique and exactly what I asked for and more. The looks involved garments of different materials therefore creating interesting textures on camera. On the call sheet I asked everyone involved to arrive at 10am and I got into the studio at 9am to set up the lighting, as I was previous shown the lighting I wanted to achieve was quite simple to set up (Sketch below). I had an hour to set up the studio and reflecting on this I should have allowed myself more time between then and everyone coming so there would be less waiting around. The lighting I went for was very shape, with hardly any shadows. I thought this would give the editoral a modern and fresh feel. Also I strongly lite the backdrop as it thought it would help when editing the colour differently in post production. The first look I did was the colouring blocking ones. I had my makeup artist do a simple yellow eyeshadow on the male model (to contrast the pink outfit) and a pink eyeshadow on the female model for the same effect. The change of heart from the original idea for the makeup (from the bold graphic eyes and brows) happened after test shooting the refs from the make up mood board and none worked with the sharp light. So I went for a subtle slash of opposite colour and highlight on the cheeks to enhance where the flash hits. On the day I had mood board references everywhere to help the models with movement. Both subjects were extremely confident in front of the camera, resulting images and clips involving playful spontaneous movement. Below are the contact sheets of my favourite picks from the shoot and then I edited it down to 8 for the final editoral. With the image above, I was toying with using it in my final editoral because I though both of their faces look striking but the edit wasn’t right.